Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Learning to Walk


There are days it feels as though we stand before a chasm,
one foot outstretched.  

But its the other days that leave me unsettled now.
For isn't every day uncertain, except for God?

Looking back I shudder, at all the years spent, foot outstretched.

Unaware.

Today, Thanks to God, I walk, eyes on my Savior.  
I look away, I fall.  
Looking up, there's His hand reaching down.


Anything in Jesus Name

Oh how my heart aches
as I think of my home.
Those whom inhabit my memories,
voices that walked with me through the Cotton.

Was I asleep, living a dream, thin as tissue paper?
Am I awake now?  My soul bleeds, scabs torn off. 
Oh God I cry out for those I love.  I plead.
Have you not said I can ask anything in Jesus name?

No comments:

Post a Comment