Friday, November 7, 2014


November 7th 2014

Day 5 in the DR.
Struggling with doubt.   Why am I so surprised?

Struggle builds character, so it has been said.  Perhaps I have not struggled enough.  I thought that if I trusted God and believed in Him he would direct my steps.  This is what it says in the Bible;
 “Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight.”  Proverbs 3:5-6

I have tried to do this yet at the moment my paths seem a confusion of blind alleyways, and a maze that leads ????.  Have I been fooling myself?  Am I lazy?  Or stupid?  

However I am not at the end of the path yet and listening to my own understanding rather than trusting Him is what causes me to worry.  

I will continue to trust in Him for He is faithful.  I will wait for His direction to guide me.  He has put the Holy Spirit in me as He promised.  I will not give up.

Dave Chapman

No comments:

Post a Comment