Thursday, April 22, 2010

Walking in the Cotton




Walking in the Cotton
dave chapman
We were having a goodbye party for the children of Los Algodones with cake, juice, balloons and videos when I was astonished to see Jasien walk in all by himself assisted by a cane. I wish you could have seen my face, I think my chin bounced off the floor.
I had been giving Jasien therapy for months, he was born with Cerebral Palsy and he had been given an operation to correct his misshapen leg but he had never walked before.



the Dream
8x10" Oil on canvas Painted this several years ago. I was trying to capture a night sky. There is a figure (side view) in the foreground resting on a large upturned hand. It was painted as a reminder to myself that I and all my dreams are in the hand of my Heavenly Father. I find I have to keep reminding myself of this so I keep this painting where I can glance at it from time to time.


No comments:

Post a Comment